Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 6 posts ] 

I just switched to SAW for VSS 6.1.1 today. I set SAW for VSS as my default source control provider. Then I opened Visual Studio 2005 and my provider was set to None. Which of course gave me problems when I tried to open my solution. So I changed the provider to SAW for VSS and everything worked fine.

Then, I closed VS 2005. I opened it again and my provider went back to None. I didn't have this problem with 5.4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Would you please let me know which OS you are using? If you are using Windows Vista/7/2008, please try running Visual Studio as administrator (right-click Visual Studio and choose Run as administrator), go to "Tools -> Options -> Source Control" and then choose SourceAnywhere for VSS as your current source control.

If the problem persists, you can contact our support team via Live Help to have an online meeting.
http://www.dynamsoft.com/Support/livehelp.aspx

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit). My shortcut to VS 2005 is set to run as administrator. This morning, after a reboot, the provider was set to SAW for VSS. So I opened one solution and it worked, then I switched to another solution and the provider was None again. So I closed VS 2005 again, opened it and set the provider to SAW for VSS. Now I have been switching between solutions freely with no problem...opening and closing VS 2005 as well.

I will write back if/when I can get the problem to occur with any regularity. The error message I got at the time was something to the effect of: Cannot initialize plug-in... Two radio button choices: - Temporarily work uncontrolled, - Remove project from source control. So perhaps the provider was set to SAW for VSS and then when the plug-in could not be initialized, it was set to none?

I know that's not a lot of info to go on but I'll be dilligent and see if I can find some kind of pattern that could help sniff out a problem (if there is one).

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,
Quote:
So perhaps the provider was set to SAW for VSS and then when the plug-in could not be initialized, it was set to none?

I don't think so. The possible cause of the problem is that Visual Studio remembers the settings of the last session for lack of restarting or reset permission. When you open the solution in Visual Studio, the IDE restores its last setting (none), which leads to the message "Cannot initialize plug-in …"

If you get the same problem again, you can contact our support team via Live Help. Our team will check it for you.
http://www.dynamsoft.com/Support/livehelp.aspx

Thanks Catherine. It's been a couple of days and I have not had an issue. I'm happy about that. I'll be in contact if anything comes up. I'll be going to VS 2010 soon so I'll be able to leave VS 2005 behind. :)

:D Glad to hear that.

[ 6 posts ]