Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

Hi, I get the dreaded "binary files differ" message when trying to do a diff on certain files (ones ending in .srd). I noticed by searching the forums, that you can change the file type from "Binary" to I guess "Mergeable" (my only other option) in the properties section of the Hosted application. However, I have about 100 files in different libraries that need this change. Is there a way to do this en masse so I don't have to visit them individually?

Also, many of the files are currently checked out, is there a way to change them?

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

You can search all the .srd files via Wildcard Search, and then locate the file and modify its file type in SourceAnywhere Hosted Client. Wildcard Search can be found at Tools->Wildcard Search. The file type can be changed in the file Properties dialog.

Or, you can change the file type every time you need to perform Diff on a .srd file.

If you would like to change the file type for all the .srd files programatically, you can write a program using SourceAnywhere Hosted SDK. You can use the GetFileListFromProject function recursively to get a list of all files under root ($/). After you get the file path, you can check if it ends with the string ".srd". If the file is a .srd file, you can use the SetFileType function to change its file type.

For more info and the sample code, you can refer to the .CHM help file which comes with SourceAnywhere Hosted SDK. The SDK can be downloaded here:
http://www.dynamsoft.com/download/sawh/ ... %20SDK.exe

Before changing the file type, you need to check in these files.

Offline Profile  

You can use a '-a' option. '-a' considers all contents as plain texts.

Usage : diff -a file1 file2

Offline Profile  

sleepii wrote:
You can use a '-a' option. '-a' considers all contents as plain texts.

Usage : diff -a file1 file2

Thanks for your comment. I notice both CMD and SDK do not support. Probably I missed anything. May I have more details?

BTW, I'd recommend you to update your mergeable file types through server manager after changing file types by SDK. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Regards,