Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

When doing a "Get" we are properly prompted to "Leave or Replace" a file that has been previously checked out. If that file has a long pathname the dialog cuts off the end of the filename making it difficult to identify. It appears that the dialog is limited to 3 lines. Can this be extended to show more of the filename?

Thanks
Chuck

Offline Profile  

There is a tooltip associated with the text in the dialog box.

In your case, when the text is too long, you can move your mouse to the text and stay for about 1 second. A small tooltip box will show up with the full text.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

No there's not. I am not seeing a tooltip pop up on the check out dialog. All my filenames are longer than what can be listed.

Why not make these dialogs sizable? And why have you left in so many VSS design flaws like this one?

Rich

Offline Profile  

Chuck?s situation is different from yours. There is no tool tip in the check out dialog box

To see full filename in the check out dialog, you can move the cursor in the ?to???field.

Thanks for your feature advice. We?ll take that into consideration.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Too small and not resizable dialogs that can't show whole file paths is a major source of errors. The dialog should be large enough or the text box auto sizing or the dialog resizable. Tooltips and scrolling cursors disrupts the work flow too much for something that has a simple solution.

Please consider that this is major source of problems since there is no way to tell what file the GUI is telling me is currently checked out if the path gets truncated. When you couple this with the GUI not storing the checked out path at all for shared files you are playing with fire.

Do you have a release date for the next version?

Rich

Offline Profile  

SourceAnywhere for VSS 5.2 Beta has been released. To download it, you can go to:

http://www.dynamsoft.com/Downloads/UEIX ... Wbeta.aspx

However, since the new version was started several months ago, it does include the feature requested.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

thanks for the info.,you could also try long path tool. it helped me with error 1320 in Win 7., :)

Offline Profile  

Ricktor wrote:
thanks for the info.,you could also try long path tool. it helped me with error 1320 in Win 7., :)

Thanks for your suggestion. :D