Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

So at the office we use SA Standalone to store and keep backups of our source code.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any training material where I can learn how to use it. Result is that because I don't understand how the source control works and can't find any materials that can tell me, I'm making a complete mess of our repository.

In the space of about 2 weeks, I've corrupted 2 projects because I don't understand how to use this. My boss has explained to me on both occasions how I should have done it, but by then the damage is done. I'm already skating on thin ice here. It's costing the company a lot of time to fix up and that's just not good enough.

Can anyone tell me where I can find something that I can learn from that isn't this?

Quote:
http://www.dynamsoft.com/Products/SAWStandalone_Guide.aspx

I've looked at this stuff and it really doesn't explain anything...

Offline Profile  

I'm sorry to hear that SourceAnywhere has become a problem for you since we designed it to help developers solve problems. :lol:

Anyway, the videos on the below link just explains how certain operations are done:
Quote:
http://www.dynamsoft.com/Products/SAWStandalone_Guide.aspx

In you case, please check out our blog for the basics of Source Control:
Quote:

Of course, anytime you have queries with SourceAnywhere, you can find help in the forum or simply contact our support team (support#dynamosft.com or live chat).