Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

Hi,
I have a few questions I hope someone could answer:
----Fields Manager:
A: Default Value for "Assigned To" field: Is it possible to get the system to default the "Assigned To" field empty and force the user to select a value from the list? currently I checked the "AllowedValues" checkbox (didn't add any details) and have the field as "Required" but as soon as an issue is created the "Assigned To" is defaulted with the first user in the list "Admin"

B: Is there any way to copy values from one field to another (during setup)? For example, I have a field in my Bug issue type that I populated with all the Modules in my system. currently I have to manually copy all the values to my Modules field in Features and Tasks.

---Notification Manager:
A: Is it possible to set an event when a field changes to any value? currently I see that one can create an event when a field changes to a specific value.

B: It will be nice if the email address could be taken from a field. For example if an issue changes to Close, I would like to set a notification to the email specified in the CC (my field) in the form.

--Queries
A: Is it possible to add parameters? For example, ,I would like to create a query with all the issues created since X date (where user enters the date) or where the "Assigned To" is Y where Y is the user selected by the user from the User list?

Edwin

Offline Profile  

Hi Edwin,

Quote:
Is it possible to set an event when a field changes to any value? currently I see that one can create an event when a field changes to a specific value.

Yes. This is supported by SCM Anywhere.
Quote:
Is it possible to add parameters?

This is supported by SCM Anywhere. You can customize queries at Edit Query according to your needs.
http://www.dynamsoft.com/help/SCM%20Hos ... -Query.htm

For your other questions, our developers are evaluating these features, and I’ll keep you updated.

Offline Profile  

Hi Edwin,

I've forwarded your feature requests to our R&D team. Please check out the comments below.
Quote:
Is it possible to get the system to default the "Assigned To" field empty and force the user to select a value from the list?

After discussing this with our team, most of our team members think that it is much more convenient to default the first user than to leave the "Assigned To" field empty. If the user wants to assign the issue to another team member, he/she can simply find the destination from the dropdown list. Please let me know if you have any further comments on this.
Quote:
Is there any way to copy values from one field to another (during setup)?

Instead of copying a specified field, our team is considering to add a feature of copying the whole issue type, including the values, rules, etc. How do you think about this?
Quote:
It will be nice if the email address could be taken from a field. For example if an issue changes to Close, I would like to set a notification to the email specified in the CC (my field) in the form.

We have added this request to our feature list for future consideration. Did you try using the email notification feature in SCM Anywhere to send out emails? If not, you can try it and let me know how it works for you.
http://www.dynamsoft.com/help/SCM%20Hos ... gement.htm

Please let me know if you have any further questions.