Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

I have recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 and am running into some very strange issues with being unable to load projects that have been previously bound to SCM. I never see proper binding data for the project within Visual Studio, and when I attempt to reload the project I get a message "A project with that name is already opened in the solution", even though it is the only project loaded. What is the official word on support for Visual Studio 2012?

Offline Profile  

mdanielski wrote:
I have recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 and am running into some very strange issues with being unable to load projects that have been previously bound to SCM. I never see proper binding data for the project within Visual Studio, and when I attempt to reload the project I get a message "A project with that name is already opened in the solution", even though it is the only project loaded. What is the official word on support for Visual Studio 2012?

May I know whether it's a project generated in Visual Studio 2010 or 2008 or earlier versions of VS? If it was generated in 2008 or earlier, you would need to make the solution files writable before opening the project because the project needs to be converted for opening. If the solution files are read-only, you will not be able to load the project.

If it was generated in Visual Studio 2010, may I know whether you were using VSPackage or MSSCCI of SCM Anywhere in 2010? If it's VSPackage, it might cause an issue as the VSPackage of VS2010 doesn't work for VS2012. If that's the case, you can re-install SCM Client using this new installer here.

Please keep me updated on this.