Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

Hi Cam,

cam599 wrote:
I'm in the process of moving our Sourceanywhere from our Sql Server database server to a hosted Sql Server. I have backed up the database and restored it on the hosted site but I'm not sure how to convert the information in the connection string to the fields available in the server manager connection setup. (IP, Username and Password).

Obviously the username/password are straight forward but it's the rest I'm having trouble with.

"Data Source=tcp:sql2k801.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=SQL2008R2_887028_sany;User ID=UserID;Password=******;"

I can connect from my machine to the database via my application and also via SQL Server management tools so there aren't any firewall/router issues.

First of all, you should configure the SQL connection in SourceAnywhere service Configurator->SQL Connection.

For the configuration, if you are using Windows Authentication for SQL, please make sure you have the same user (same password) on both the server where SourceAnywhere is installed and the server where SQL is installed. Also, please make sure SourceAnywhere Service is started using the same user.

If you use SQL Server authentication, please make sure you input the correct user name/password.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Hi Cam,
cam599 wrote:
thanks for the quick response. I am using the Sql Connection. I'm using the Sql Authentication and the username/password is not the problem. What am I suppose to enter in the server name field? I can use "tcp:sql2k801.discountasp.net" as the server and "SQL2008R2_887028_sany" as the database name in other tools on my machine to connect to the Sql Server Database but in Sourceanywhere there is only a name field.

SO the database name has changed. Please try the below steps:

1. Change the Database name in the file "sawsconfigure.ini" (this file can be found in the installation folder of SourceAnywhere Server) from
Code:
Database=SourceAnywhere

to
Code:
Database=SQL2008R2_887028_sany

2. Go to SourceAnywhere service Configurator->SQL Connection and change Server name to
Code:
tcp:sql2k801.discountasp.net

Check "Use SQL Server authentication"
Then put in the correct username/password.

Please try this and let me know how it works.

Regards,