Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

How do I fix this??

Thank You,
-mp

Offline Profile  

Hello MP,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

We cannot reproduce the issue on our side. Would you please provide us more info so we can better pinpoint the cause:
• Which OS are you using on your machines hosting SCM Anywhere Client and Server? Is one of the machines using the language displayed in the dialog box?
• Does the issue occur every time you open the Options dialog box?
• If the issue never happened before, please let us know what changes you applied on the OS that may cause the issue.

Meanwhile, we recommend you try the beta version of SCM Anywhere 2.1, which uses the system fonts of the SCM Anywhere Client machine. Please let us know if you are interested in the beta version.

Sincerely,

Offline Profile  

Catherine,

I am using Windows XP with all current updates. This is not a language issue because the text is in English. It is obviously choosing the wrong font. Maybe sometime in the past I replaced a font the program uses with a different style, I am not sure. The issue happens all the time and I see it in the Issue Tracking text as well. I have made no changes, that I know of, to the OS.

I am interested in trying the beta version of SCM Anywhere 2.1.

Thank You,

-mp

Offline Profile  

Hello MP,

We have sent the internal version to your email. Please let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Offline Profile  

Catherine,

I have fixed the issue but there still must be a bug somewhere in the software. I deleted a font called Ginga>.ttf from my fonts directory and now everything looks normal.

Thanks you for your assistance.

Mike Profitt

Offline Profile  

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the feedback and screenshot. Glad to know you have solved the issue.

I agree with you that the issue was caused by the Ginga>.ttf font. I tried to reproduce the issue by adjusting the appearance of Menu and Message Box in the Advanced Appearance dialog box (Desktop Properties->Appearance->[Advanced]). The setting changes the font of the menus on the menu bar of SCM Anywhere to Ginga>.ttf, but the Options dialog box displayed normally. I am not sure if the issue you were experiencing is related to the Appearance settings. Did you adjust Appearance of your Windows before the issue occurred?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Catherine wrote:
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the feedback and screenshot. Glad to know you have solved the issue.

I agree with you that the issue was caused by the Ginga>.ttf font. I tried to reproduce the issue by adjusting the appearance of Menu and Message Box in the Advanced Appearance dialog box (Desktop Properties->Appearance->[Advanced]). The setting changes the font of the menus on the menu bar of SCM Anywhere to Ginga>.ttf, but the Options dialog box displayed normally. I am not sure if the issue you were experiencing is related to the Appearance settings. Did you adjust Appearance of your Windows before the issue occurred?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Catherine,

I have not changed any Appearance setting for ages and Ginga>.ttf was is used no where in my desktop setting.

Thanks,

Offline Profile  

Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. Our team will keep looking into this issue and update you if there is any progress.

Thanks,