Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 11 posts ] 

In the SourceAnywhere Standalone GUI. The area that shows the files can be sorted based on a lot of criteria (Name, User, Remote Date, etc...) but what would be really helpful is a check box (or menu item, or configuration item) that would allow the checked out items to be grouped at the top before the rest not matter what order they are sorted in.

Currently I use User/Descending to accomplish this but then short by Name or Extension goes out the window (as expected because of sorting).

It would be great if this was just on all the time but of course it would be nice to have the option to shut it off now and again.

Hi isgdre,

Thanks for your suggestion.

If you want to search all the checked out files, you can use Tools ->Status Search to achieve it. You can sort these files in the search result dialog box.

In addition, in the coming new version of SourceAnywhere Standalone (version 3.0), a Pending Checkins window will be added.

Thus, no matter what order your files are sorted in, all your checked out files will be just listed in Pending Checkins window and you can perform check-in operation directly in the window. Hope you'll happy with the new feature.:D

Regards.

Well, Not the greatest but I guess it's better then what we have.

Will that preview window stay on as you move from project to project? Does it get in the way of the Output windows?

My list of files in a project can be long. Shrinking the useful file list window size is of course not something I would be looking forward to.

But Also, It looks like the checkout location problem has not been fixed based on this screen shoot. i.e. it's checked out to c:\documents\... but on what computer? I could always know what directory it was checked out to because of the working folder. But the Witch computer is the problem.

Hi isgdre,

For your questions:

1. Will that preview window stay on as you move from project to project? -- Yes.

2. Does it get in the way of the Output windows? -- Both the Pending Checkins window and Output window support four viewing modes: Floating, Dockable, Auto-hide, and Hide. You can choose a suitable mode according to your need :-)

3. It looks like the checkout location problem has not been fixed based on this screen shoot. -- In fact, the feature has been added :wink: . For example, If you checked out New Text Document.txt on PC named "Logan1Dynamsoft", in the Pending Checkins of your current PC, you will see:
(File key.txt was checked out on the current PC)

Best Regards.

Hi Catherine.

1. Ok.
2. Ok, like I said that's better then we have now. Could to add the grouping thing to the wish list for V3.
3. YEAH!!!! Party!!!! :) :) Excellent, excellent news.

:D

Ok, I installed V3.0 beta.

I see under the GUI client there is View->Pending Checkins

but when I click it nothing happens. What does this option do? How do I get the Pending Checkins view you referred to?

Hi isgdre,

Sorry. I forgot that you were using our internal version. :(

To use the Pending Checkins feature of V3.0 Beta, please go to Registry Editor|HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\ and delete Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Standalone.

Please let me know if it works.

Best Regards,

Yup, that worked thanks.

Wait.... Either I don't have this configured right or this doesn't help with the original problem.

What I'm getting in this box is all the things that are checked out and not just the items from the project that I'm focused on.

Hi isgdre,
Quote:
What I'm getting in this box is all the things that are checked out and not just the items from the project that I'm focused on.
Yes. The Pending Checkins feature is designed like this. Currently, you might click on the "Server Path" column to sort the files.

In addition, I've forwarded your suggestion to our development team. Our developers might add a drop-down box (such as "all", "current folder"...) in Pending Checkins window to filter the checked out files.

Thanks.

[ 11 posts ]