Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 2 posts ] 

I have a HUGE source file that I need to diff/merge different versions of. The problem is that the diffing process takes HOURS to complete (I'm not sure how many hours as I've never had the time to let it complete), and it will take many days to go though all of it and confirm all of the merges. The computer is used for other things as well, and even if I just let it run for a day or two to let it complete the diff, I don't think I'll be able leave MergeHero running during the whole time that it will take me to go through all of the merges.

So, I need a way to somehow save the progress of the merging, so that I can close MergeHero, reboot the computer, etc., and then come back and pick up where I left off with the merging, without having to wait all those hours to let it do the diff all over again.

Suggestions?

-Joe

Hi jmartine,

Quote:
I need a way to somehow save the progress of the merging, so that I can close MergeHero, reboot the computer, etc., and then come back and pick up where I left off with the merging
Currently, MergeHero doesn't support the feature. However, SourceAnywhere for VSS enables you to configure an external program as your diff/merge tool. You can click here for detailed info.

You might try WinMerge (or WinDiff etc.) as your diff/merge tool to see if it helps shorten the waiting time.

Best Regards,

[ 2 posts ]