Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 13 posts ] 

I am trying 5.2 version. When I check in and merge a file, I get a strange result like that:

<<<<<<< SourceSafe version
=======
>>>>>>> Local version

Could you be more specific on your issue?

Meanwhile, it will be helpful if you can post the related screenshot. You can also contact us at: sawvss@dynamsoft.com

Thanks.

OK. I will send more specific information by email.

Has there been any progress on this issue as some users on our system have been experiencing the same problem?

Cheers,
Jay

We have worked out an internal version with this issue fixed. You can write an email to sawvss@dynamsoft.com to get the internal version.

Thanks.

Thanks Catherine, but unfortunately I don't think we'd be able to put such a version into our production system. Are there any plans for an official hotfix?

Cheers,
Jay

Yes. We will fix this issue in SourceAnywhere for VSS 5.3.1, which will be released next week.

Thanks.

Good to hear, and thanks for the quick responses :D
One last thing...will the fix be server-side or client-side? It'd be cool if we could get away with updating once on the server only as we just migrated everyone to 5.3 ;)

For this issue, the fix will be server-side and you only need to upgrade the server.

Thanks.

Hi, I was recently called dormendo (this post author), but now I work remotely with company which corporate email I used for registration, and your forum only allows me to request a new password.

That's not the case, however. The case is that. We actually use v5.1, but we have remote developers those totally unhappy about 5.1 speed. Now we starting to choose, which way to go. We can jump to 5.4, buy 6.1 or start with SAW Standalone or even TFS.

I have downloaded 5.4 and tried it. As I can see, merge bug is successfully fixed. But I've got another one.

Create a simple C# project. In file Program.cs write donw several lines of comments:

//1
//2
and so on.

Add project to source control.

Then get the project on two machines. Open it on each of them with Visual Studio 2008.

Open Program.cs in VS IDE editor on both machines. On Machine 1 edit comments some way and check in. On Machine 2 try to get its latest version. No change in editor! Close that file on machine 2 and just open it again. You will see, the changes are there.

Please tell me if it is a bug that has been fixed in 6.x or I do something wrong?

Tried to do this with 6.1.

The same bug.

Hi dormant,

Yes. It's a known flaw of SourceAnywhere. It has been confirmed by our R&D team that the issue only occurs when the file size remain unchanged after editing and checking in Visual Studio.

Currently, as an workaround, you might reopen the file to load the changes. A hot fix of this bug might be available in one week. If you need one, please write to sawvss@dynamsoft.com.

FYI:
The bug will be fixed in the coming official version of SourceAnywhere Standalone (released on Jan. 11, 2011). By then, if you like, you can directly upgrade from SourceAnywhere for VSS 5.1 to SourceAnywhere Standalone 3.0 here. Currently, you can also evaluate the SourceAnywhere Standalone 3.0 Beta here.

In addition, we are planning to release SourceAnywhere for VSS 6.1.1 which will include the bug fix. It might be available within two months.

Best Regards,

Hi dormant,

Our development team has worked out internal versions of SourceAnywhere for VSS which have the bug fixed. Below are the download links for you:

To use the internal version, please go to the installation directory of SourceAnywhere for VSS Client and replace SAWVSCC.dll with the new one.

FYI, we are releasing a minor upgrade of SourceAnywhere for VSS with the issue fixed.

Best Regards,

[ 13 posts ]