For those who need to upgrade to SourceAnywhere for VSS 6.3, please follow the instructions below:
1. Check in or undo checkout all checked out files in SourceAnywhere for VSS.
Tracking the machine name of checkout path is added as a new feature in V6.2. If a file is not checked in before upgrade, the tool will show SourceAnywhere for VSS Server machine as the location of doing the checkout operation after upgrade. The checkout path of the file will be changed to the Temp folder under the installation folder of SourceAnywhere for VSS Server by default.
2. Back up the configuration files and uninstall the current version.
If you would like to keep the current settings of Server Manager, please back up "sawvconfigure.ini" (or "sawconfigure.ini"). To keep the configuration of Windows GUI Client, please back up all the .saw files. More details can be found in the following item 3 and 4 below.
3. Install the latest version of SourceAnywhere for VSS.
1) SourceAnywhere for VSS Server 6.3 is compatible with Client 6,3, 6.2, 6.1.1 and 6.1 but NOT with older versions (v6.0, v5.x and v4.x). Client 6.3 is not compatible with previous versions. Nevertheless of the compatibility, it is still recommended to upgrade all the components of SourceAnywhere to the same version.
2) The license of version 6.3 is compatible with version 6.x.
3) The licenses of version 5.x and 4.x are INCOMPATIBLE with version 6.x.
To get the licenses of version 6.3, you can purchase the upgrade online. Users with valid yearly subscription are entitled to get free upgrade.https://www.dynamsoft.com/Secure/SAW_BuyIt.aspx
4. To keep the Server Manager settings
The configuration data of Server Manager is stored in "sawvconfigure.ini"("sawconfigure.ini" in version 5.x and 4.x). To keep all Server Manager Settings, please follow the instructions below.
Please back up "sawvconfigure.ini" which can be found in the installation folder of SourceAnywhere for VSS Server. After installation of the new Server, copy the file back to the installation folder.
Please back up "sawconfigure.ini" which can be found in the installation folder of SourceAnywhere for VSS Server. Rename the .ini file to "sawvconfigure.ini". After installation of the new Server, copy the file back to the installation folder.
1) Back up "sawconfigure.ini" which resides in the SourceAnywhere for VSS Server directory before uninstallation.
2) The "sawconfigure.ini" file format of version 4.x is different from the new version. Please convert the "sawconfigure.ini" file (the backup one) using the upgrade utility we provide. The download URL of this upgrade utility is as follows:
For Professional Edition: http://www.dynamsoft.com/Download/Sourc ... sional.exe
For Standard Edition: http://www.dynamsoft.com/Download/Sourc ... andard.exe
3) After installation of the new Server, copy the converted "sawconfigure.ini" file back to the server installation directory and rename it to "sawvconfigure.ini".
5. To keep the Windows GUI Client settings
Before uninstallation of the current version, please backup all the .saw files where the configuration info is stored. The .saw files reside in different directories for different versions.
SourceAnywhere for VSS 6.x/5.4/5.3.2/5.3.1 -- C:\Documents and Settings\ (current logged-in user)\Dynamsoft\SourceAnyWhere for VSS\
SourceAnywhere for VSS 5.3/5.2/5.1 -- C:\Documents and Settings\ (current logged-in user)\Application Data\Dynamsoft\SourceAnyWhere for VSS\
SourceAnywhere for VSS 5.0 -- C:\Documents and Settings\ (current logged-in user)\ Application Data \DynamSoft\SourceAnyWhere\
SourceAnywhere for VSS 4.x -- C:\Documents and Settings\(current logged-in user)\Application Data\Dynamsoft\SourceAnyWhere_4.x\
After installation of new Windows GUI Client, please copy the backed up .saw files to the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\ (current logged-in user)\Dynamsoft\SourceAnyWhere for VSS\"
If you encounter any problems during the upgrade, please feel free to let us know via the following ways:
Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Chat Support: http://www.dynamsoft.com/support/livehelp.aspx