Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

For those who want to upgrade the trial version of SourceAnywhere Standalone to the full version, please do as follows:

1. Stop the SourceAnywhere Standalone Service.

2. Backup the database of the trial version of SourceAnywhere Standalone, although you can choose to keep the original database during the uninstallation and installation process of SourceAnywhere Stanalone.

3. Uninstall the trial version of SourceAnywhere Standalone Server.

4. Download and install the full version of SourceAnywhere Standalone Server. The download link is included in the email which will be sent to you after your purchase.

5. Input the permanent serial number in the Serial Numbers window of SourceAnywhere Standalone Server Manager and activate the users in Users page of Server Manager.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

In addition, we had to mark each user which had been entered during the trial phase as "Active".

Offline Profile  

Yes :D

Offline Profile  

When I reattached it a day later and re-added the repository to SAW (something I've done dozens of times successfully), the repository shows as empty. Given that the db files are a GB in size, this seems unlikely?

Last edited by mariamunir on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

mariamunir wrote:
When I reattached it a day later and re-added the repository to SAW (something I've done dozens of times successfully), the repository shows as empty. Given that the db files are a GB in size, this seems unlikely?

Did you follow this article http://kb.dynamsoft.com/questions/836/ or this http://kb.dynamsoft.com/questions/669/ to restore the database? Most importantly, please make sure the SAW repository was working.

By the way, this article is out of date. For SAW 6.1, you don't have to re-install anything to upgrade to full. Please refer to http://forums.dynamsoft.com/how-to-upgrade-to-the-latest-version-of-sourceanywhere-t11212.html for more info.