Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 4 posts ] 

Ok, so I know that I checked in my project on some date in the past. Since then, many check-ins have been done. Now, I need to extract the source code for my entire project, just as it was on that particular date, as of that aforementioned check-in.

How do I do that?

I am using VSS Hosted, client build 22252.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

You can perform "Show History" operation on the project to achieve it. In the History Options Dialog Box, you can filter the history by Dates, Actions and User etc.

FYI: The latest version of SourceAnywhere Hosted is V2.3.1. If you like, you can download it here.

Regards.

I don't quite get what you're telling me to do. A couple issues with this that I can see:

1) When I go into Show History, on the Date tab, I can choose "On or before", but that brings up multiple versions of the files (all check-ins before that date), not just the latest one on or before that date.

2) Once it shows me the results, I can't get multiple files at once. If I select more than one file, the "Get" buttons becomes grayed out. I would have to select one file at a time, and change the Get options every time for each file. My project has many many files, and it would take hours to check them all out one at a time like this. I need a way to do this all in one step.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

In the History Options dialog box, please choose "view project history by version" to show the history of all versions of your project. Then, you can get the project version on that "particular date". By using the Details button, you can check the history details of a selected project's changeset transaction.

Thanks.

[ 4 posts ]