Contact us


All times are UTC - 8 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline Profile  


Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 3
Running 3.01 clients and standalone server, SQL 2000 on Win Server 2008

I detached a retired database, deleted the repository from SAW, and left the SQL files alone. When I reattached it a day later and re-added the repository to SAW (something I've done dozens of times successfully), the repository shows as empty. Given that the db files are a GB in size, this seems unlikely.

I've also tried using different db and repository names, restarting the SQL and SAW services, restarting the clients, rebooting the server, and restoring from .BAK file. Same result each time.

Anyone ever run into this?


Offline Profile  


Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 1315
Hi Eggre,

You have the backup file in form of BAK. Correct? Will you please open following link and locate step #2?

http://kb.dynamsoft.com/questions/814/

Please double check and let me know at which step you have question.

_________________
Catherine Sea
Dynamsoft Support Team
Follow us@Twitter, Facebook


Offline Profile  


Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 3
Thanks, Catherine. My problem comes after all those steps.

Some more background:

For ease of backup, I use multiple databases, one for each project. I backup all of those, as well as the SourceAnywhere db, to .bak.

When I restore all the databases in SQL from .bak, everything goes well. The .mdf and .ldf files are created as expected. But when I open the db through the SAW client, I see no files. Just the empty $/ root. The problem is inconsistent. Some databases restore just fine.

John


Offline Profile  


Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 1315
Hi Eggre,

For your issue, when you re-added the repository to SAW, did you check the option "Place the repository in a different database"? If not, please make sure it's checked when add the repository .

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

_________________
Catherine Sea
Dynamsoft Support Team
Follow us@Twitter, Facebook


Offline Profile  


Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 am
Posts: 3
Thanks, Catherine. I did indeed.

This sequence of screenshots pretty much illustrates the source of my confusion. It should work. (Also, deleting and re-adding the repository in Server Manager doesn't help. Nor does reconnecting the client to server.)

Image


Offline Profile  


Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:23 am
Posts: 1315
Thanks for the update, Eggre.

I think the issue is caused by the mismatch of the RepositoryID. Would you please do the following checks:

1. After restoring database Bainternal3, check if there is any table named like "tblItem{RepositoryID}". (in this case, tblItem4 as example)

2. After re-adding repository "BA internal", check the value of field "iRepositoryID" of repository "BA internal" from table tblRepository in database SourceAnywhere. (in this case, 6 as example)

3. Check if you get the same RepositoryID from step#1 and step#2. If not, please do the following changes in database Bainternal3:
3.1 Delete tables tblExtraFileInfo6, tblFileInfo6, tblHistory6, tblItem6.
3.2 Rename tables tblExtraFileInfo4, tblFileInfo4, tblHistory4, tblItem4 to tblExtraFileInfo6, tblFileInfo6, tblHistory6, tblItem6.
3.3 Update the value of field "iRepositoryID" in all tables to 6.

4. Restart SAW service and check if you can see the items from SAW client.

Please keep me updated on this.

Regards

_________________
Catherine Sea
Dynamsoft Support Team
Follow us@Twitter, Facebook


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Robert, Catherine


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
Copyright © 2016 Dynamsoft | All Rights Reserved
dynamic designed by Dynamsoft team