Contact us

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Offline Profile  

I use SourceAnywhere Hosted. My IDE is not integrated with SAW.

The biggest frustration that I have with SAW is when new source files are added to a project. Simply checking in the project does not automatically grab the new files. They have to be explicitly added to the SAW project in order for them to get checked in. What I have to do now is every so often is print out a directly listing of the project folder and go through each file one by one and make sure that it's in the SAW project.

Not only is this extremely tedious, but it is dangerous because we don't always get the new files into the SAW project in a timely manner.

Is there any way to:

1) Tell SAW to always automatically add all new files of certain extensions to the SAW project whenever it's checked in?
or, if not...
2) Run some sort of compare/search to compare the files in the SAW project against the contents of the project folder, so that the process would be at least somewhat automated?

-Joe

Offline Profile  

Hi Jmartine,

When you check in the project file through SourceAnywhere Hosted Client, the new created files will not be added into source control automatically. I recommend you integrate SourceAnywhere Hosted with your IDE. It will be much more convenient for you to do source control operations via IDE. For information how to do it, please refer to:
http://kb.dynamsoft.com/categories/Sour ... tegration/

> Run some sort of compare/search to compare the files in the SAW project against the contents of the project folder, so that the process would be at least somewhat automated?

You can use "Show Difference" command to compare the files/projects. For detailed info, please refer to:
http://www.dynamsoft.com/help/SAW%20Hos ... ompare.htm

If you like, you can contact our support team via LiveHelp:
www.dynamsoft.com/support/livehelp.aspx

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

My IDE (Borland C++ Builder 4) does not integrate with SAW as far as I know. If you know of a way, please let me know.

"Show Difference" worked great, thanks!

-Joe

Offline Profile  

Hi Joe,

I'm glad to hear that "Show Difference" works for you. :)

Our team are now testing the integration of Borland C++ Builder with SourceAnywhere Hosted. I will keep you updated on this.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Hi Joe,

To integrate Borland C++ Builder with source control products, such as SourceAnywhere Hosted, a third-party software (for example: SourceConneXion) is necessary. You may try out a third-party software to integrate Borland C++ Builder with SourceAnywhere to see how it works for you.

Thanks.